About this role
As HR Manager you will be leading all aspects of Human Resources across multiple sites and locations of this business in Mexico. You’ll be working closely with the Senior HR Leadership. You’ll manage a significant operating budget (>$400k) and HR strategy for over 500 employees. You’ll be operating within a broader HR function that supports HR globally and delivers some HR services from offices in the USA.
You’ll be working with the senior leadership team for Mexico, in developing and implementing company policy and strategies. You’ll be creating a business culture that supports the company’s values, through organizational development processes such as performance management, workforce planning and talent development. Your planning and execution will deliver long-term business continuity and commercial success for the region.
You’ll be leading contract negotiations for a manufacturing plant, alongside the VP Manufacturing. You’ll have external relationships with HR vendors, independent recruitment agencies, government contacts and union officials. Your extensive knowledge of Mexico Labor and Employment regulations will support productive negotiations of labor relations, with safety as the priority.
You’ll be managing your own team in Mexico. Together your team will manage all the HR needs for the Mexican business.
- Providing direction in the areas of policy and procedure development as well as expertise around legal and regulatory requirements for the business in Mexico
- Providing direction, advice and coaching to all managers around HR and business related areas
- Managing the labor contract process for a manufacturing plant, ensuring the union agreement supports business operations and goals
- Decision-making for various HR areas of business such as policy and procedure changes, staffing and hiring decisions, employee relations decisions, etc.
There will be occasional business travel to the USA and South America, but no more than 10% of your time.
You’ll have a good understanding of budgeting and financial analysis. And you’re ready to lead cultural and business transformation in a challenging economy.
Bachelor degree in HR, Business Management or technical field.
Masters or MBA preferred.
- 7 - 10 years (or more) of business experience in the HR function, 5+ years of experience leading the HR function
- Expert knowledge of HR systems, automation and process improvements
- Extensive knowledge of Mexico Labor and Employment regulations
- Experience of a Union Manufacturing environment (leading contract negotiations and/or administrating a labor contract)
For this role you must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish, proficient in writing and speaking.
There’s a significant opportunity here, with a competitive package and great benefits. Get in touch to find out what’s on offer.
What we offerFinding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB258940
- Location: Mexico
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Mining
- Education level: Professional Master
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Thursday, April 30, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching HR Manager - Mexico
Confirmation sent to