About this role
- Management of all valve related activities through knowledge and experience of all end connections for valves viz. welded / flanged / hub connected with top entry, side entry, integral body design; of in the international Codes and Standards and good Engineering practices applicable to the O&G Offshore facilities, ensures the Project specifications are complied with strictly adhearded to.;
- Lead the large bore valves bid clarification and evaluation and ensure it is completed timely and covers all ITT requirements, and manage the governance approval steps for the technical valuation and recommendation though to contract Kick-off and early activities including review and approval as required of the vendor execution plan and schedule, sub-vendor and sub-contract plans etc…;
- Through having knowledge of entire range of valves and their use for offshore, onshore, and subsea facilities viz.: ball, gate, globe, check, DBB, choke, needle, gate etc. including actuated valves motor operated (MOV), hydraulic & pneumatic operated (ESDV, SDV, BDV, Choke), pressure safety valve (PSV), control valves etc. ensure the vendor documents review including, datasheets, inspection & test record (ITR), inspection test plans (ITP), vendor data requirement list (VDRL), spare parts requirements, etc. ensures the scope of the valves engineering is fully implemented;
- Manages the deliverables in terms of quality, schedule & HSE as per Projects requirements and through full understanding of the challenges with large bore valves and critical valves follow-up, guidance and review of the valves related to design and selection;
- Supervises the follow-up with other key stakeholders including SHE, quality assurance and control, integrity verification scope, procurement, and engineering to progress the valves delivery as planned to the project specifications; supervises the contract novation to the EPC Contractor and interacts with EPC contractors/sub-contractors/vendors and other engineering disciplines (piping, instrumentation, metallurgy, etc.) as required;
- Manages the material acquisition including requisitioning, fabrication, testing and transportation of the valves and reviews and approves specified contractor purchase order/sub-contract packages for valves;
- Supervises the change process pertaining to the valves and reviews technical queries (TQ), deviation & exceptions and documents all TQ responses and specification deviation requests (SDR);
- Supervises the testing and FAT of valves, if possible by regular visits and follow up with vendor and critical sub supplier; drives to obtain all necessary inputs required for the timely and complete progress of valves delivery.
• Specific knowledge of valves & its design in-depth knowledge of various material (non-metallic & metallic) and corrosion knowledge for valves; knowledge of valve testing requirements viz. hydro test, leak testing, high pressure gas testing, torque testing, partial stroke test, FAT and type testing like fugitive emission, Hyperbaric, bend testing, Fire Safe tests etc.;• Experience in working with FEED/EPC Contractors and interfacing with equipment suppliers and experience of valves design challenges & able to incorporate previous lessons learnt and gather experience/feedback from Operating facilities;
• Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds;• A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English;
• Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha