About this role
We’re hiring a Turnaround Permit Coordinator for our client to join their team. This is a 3-month contract position that will allow the opportunity to put your knowledge to work every day on a variety of high value tasks.
Turnaround Pre-work Phase
- Onboard and build competency in Safe Work Procedures, LOTO, and turnaround procedures for control of hazardous energy and permit issuance.
- Onboard and develop working knowledge of Ethylene One operating systems.
- Complete a temporary turnaround non-LOTO permit issuer qualification.
Turnaround Execution Phase
- As part of the onsite execution team, work with Operations, and Maintenance to support execution schedule
- Coordinate and mentor a group of Permit Writers.
- Align permit priorities to schedule progress and critical path.
- Prepare and write work permits based upon Primavera schedule look ahead, and permit requests entered by shift.
- Interface with Permit Receivers to document and develop effective permit documents.
- Perform gas testing and issue permits for work that is not dependent upon LOTO or hazardous energy control.
- Act as gatekeeper for shared, controlled documents required for permitting.
- Share current plant hazards and conditions with permit receivers, while maintain close communications with system Operators.
- Audit quality and condition of Mastercard/LOTO documents and report to the system operators.
- Respond to routine requests for information.
- Track and document actuals for permit requests, and issuances by shift.
- Field audit work permits for compliance, and quality.
- Assist with shift Safety Observations to trend safety in the area.
- Attend daily shift starter meetings.
- File "Closed" work permits.
- Assist Operations coordinators with schedule status updates.
- Assists with incident investigations as required by client.
Turnaround Post-Execution Phase
- Document lessons learned.
- Close out the permit trailer.
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate and 5+ years of Petro-chemical, or Power industry Operations experience
- Related work Permit Writer/Supervisor roles with 3+ years of Petro-chemical, or Power industry Operations experience issuing work permits.
- Proven capacity to coordinate and mentor a team of workers.
- Proven competence related to the issuance/receiving of work permits in an industrial turnaround environment.
- High level understanding of plant system processes.
- Ability to read P&ID’s.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate permit conversations that end with a quality permit issuance.
- Able to work 6x12 hour day or night shifts.
- Embrace respectful workplace conditions.
- Primavera TAPS
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
- Turnaround experience
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto