About this role
As Process Engineer you’ll be the technical leader to the manufacturing process and production teams. You’ll apply your engineering expertise at every step, with your focus firmly on improving efficiency of operations, maintaining safety standards and high product quality.
You’ll be participating and leading plant problem solving and troubleshooting activities.You’ll provide direction and recommendations on plant testing and evaluation of results. You’ll be making day-to-day operational decisions impacting safety, cost and production. You’ll be advising management and site operators to correct operational issues and maximize efficiencies.
You’ll need to stay abreast of new technologies, catalysts, and chemicals. You’ll balance advances with the requirement that departmental environmental performance meets existing permit limits and future compliance.
- You’ll review and determine the operating characteristics and capabilities of existing equipment and chemical programs to assure all assets are being used effectively
- You’ll analyze and action potential changes to generate cost savings, production increases, production efficiencies, and energy conservation opportunities
- You’ll work closely with Maintenance teams to ensure vessels are cleaned, internals installed correctly, and that the catalyst is loaded properly
- You’ll coordinate department outages with affected units. You’ll need to prepare plans and coordinate backup plans as needed
There’s a strong collaborative element in here too. You’ll be preparing process flow diagrams, which include material, energy and utility balances, based on existing equipment or recommended processes. You’ll assist in developing and updating all operating and emergency procedure manuals to ensure high safety standards. You’ll demonstrate a strong safety focus in all your work.
You’ll get involved training operators when new projects are implemented, or when retraining is required. This company invests to ensure their people can grow with their business.
The same opportunities will come your way. This company aims to promote from within and is looking for long-term commitment.
This is a permanent role offering great benefits and a competitive package. Get in touch for more details.
- BS Chemical Engineering with at least 3+ years’ experience in refinery/petrochemical/chemical manufacturing
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing
Your resume should show managerial as well as technical experience, with proven leadership and the ability to influence. Show how you have used your analytical skills to deliver process improvements in a previous role.
This is a great opportunity to get in early at this advanced recycling facility in Indiana. Contact us today.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB259807
- Location: Indiana
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Closing date: Thursday, May 7, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Process Engineer - Indiana
Confirmation sent to