About this role
As the manager and supervisor of all the facility’s biogas processes, you’ll provide on-site operations and technical management for this renewable natural gas plant. You’ll be responsible for all operations processes and coordinating safety at the plant. This means creating safety protocols, production rules and then enforcing these through regular training, and your own leadership at all times.
You’ll be starting during the final stages of construction and startup. You’ll be involved in start up and commissioning, and safe operations of the equipment for all production processes performed.
You’ll be monitoring, recording and problem-solving the biogas operation using established procedures.
As a member of the leadership team, you’ll be managing, training and supervising the operations technicians.
- Coordinating with the construction team, interfacing with utilities, local municipalities, regulatory agencies, and all major stakeholders.
- Providing technical assistance such as interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc to ensure all production, financial and safety goals are met.
- You’ll commission, test and operate the plant in the immediate post-construction phase to ensure the plant passes the Operation Acceptance Tests (OATs).
Once operational, your focus will change to safe and efficient Plant Operations.
- Safely operating all production equipment and systems for the products manufactured. You’ll be monitoring the efficiency of production processes using computerized systems and visual inspection of large equipment (these may be very hot, heavy, under pressure, and at elevated heights).
- You’ll learn the sequence of plant operations in detail, for the purpose and implications of control systems, source/destination of piping, and how operations of each of these impacts other areas.
- You’ll review and help develop change order requests in order to deliver a high quality project that meet Company standards. This includes performing plant inspections (walking through the entire plant on each shift, looking and listening for equipment and process problems). You’ll perform quality control tests and log results. You’ll spend extra time and checks on problem areas and make adjustments as needed for optimization of plant throughput.
Your record-keeping must be meticulous. You’ll keep detailed activity logs, documenting shutdowns, abnormal operations, troubleshooting, and all problem areas. You’ll apply your critical and analytical thinking to recommend improvements of production methods, equipment performance and product quality.
You’ll also have a significant leadership role. Safety will be a priority at all times. You’ll set and enforce safety rules, you’ll hold yourself and others accountable for safe operations, wearing the required PPE, and actively participating in regular safety training and testing.
By creating a culture of high safety standards, you’ll be hiring, promoting, training and developing direct reports who excel in their work: quality checks, plant performance reviews, troubleshooting, all general operations and specific areas of problem-solving.
This role will be a career highlight for someone. Could it be you?
You’ll have an Associate Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or equivalent technical subject as a minimum. If you have a Bachelor’s degree that’s even better.
You’ll bring 10+ years of experience from a process production environment or natural gas industry, with good understanding of process flow. You’ll have experience with gas compression in either manufacturing or operations. You can use instruments to gather production data, and the computer skills to track and analyze your records.
You’ll have a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and can provide examples of your ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical equipment.
Experience in (Fiiix) work order management system is preferred – please mention this on your resume.
There is an excellent benefits package with this position. You’ll get Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug coverage plus Life and Disability Insurance, a 401(k) and more.
Get in touch to find out whether this long-term permanent role is the one for you.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB261381
- Location: Minnesota
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Education level: Academic Master +
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Closing date: Sunday, May 17, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Plant Manager - Minnesota
Confirmation sent to