About this role
Brunel is currently searching for a Plant Controller for a direct hire role with our client located in Cheyenne, WY.
What You’ll Do
As the Plant Controller, you will be the primary Finance business partner, supporting plant operations, manufacturing, supply and logistics functions. You will deliver insightful financial reporting, analysis and guidance to facilitate strategy development and management decisions, optimize site production mix, identify and communicate risks and opportunities, and maintain a strong internal control framework.
Other duties will include:
- Provide transparency and drive alignment across operations.
- Participate in the creation of operational and capital strategies and support broader evaluation of impact to the overall strategy
- Provide comprehensive variance analysis, including identification of gaps, trends and opportunities, and recommendations for possible course corrections necessary to achieve financial targets
- Identify opportunities for business improvements leading to improved capital / inventory management, higher revenue, increased efficiencies, cost savings
- Provide general accounting support for monthly, quarterly and annual closings including inventory accuracy, cost review and classification, product cost build-up, reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts, and analysis of Cheyenne site earnings contribution
- Collaborative management of site capital budget including financial review and support of expenditure requests, forecast outlook, and project closure and capitalization
- Support integrated business planning with sound financial analysis
- Oversight and review of annual property tax filing including accuracy and completeness of required exemption documentation and interaction with county assessor as required
- Oversee the forecasting/reporting/budgeting on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Manage and review financial models and business cases supporting the following key outcomes
- Partner closely with plant management team to build collaborative working relationships and influence them to superior results through data driven insights
- Maintain an effective financial control environment across the business, including appropriate controls over the company’s assets, compliance with delegation of authority, and adherence to company policies and accounting standards.
- Create and audit complex formulas and relationships in spreadsheets and reporting tools.
- Budgeting and forecasting with focus in plant operations and cost accounting
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance required, CPA or CMA certification desirable
- Minimum of 7 years with progressively increasing responsibility and demonstrated strong analytical ability required
- Experience in a manufacturing/plant environment required
- SAP, Microsoft Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel and BW Analysis required
- Complex Financial modeling supporting management reporting, capital project evaluation, and earnings optimization analysis required
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
- MUST be eligible to work for any employer, now or in the future, without sponsorship
- Paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus
- Lump sum relocation reimbursement
- This position will be located in an office/plant environment. Our client adheres to strict Covid guidelines as identified by the Federal Government and the CDC.
- First round interviews will be virtual. Final round interview will be in-person, on-site.
Join the Brunel Family
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit