About this role
Your primary responsibility will be to setup, operate, maintain, and trouble shoot Computer Control Systems (CCS) for onsite MPD applications. You will be expected to rig in the CCS along with any sensors required to provide data for the CCS as well as access and use data from existing sources.
Equipment and Operations
- Set up the CCS at wellsite;
- Interface CCS with various data acquisition systems;
- Carry out constant monitoring of equipment on site/location, maintain and calibrate on the job as required;
- Perform diagnostics, trouble shoot, repair and maintain essential inventory and replacement parts for CCS, instrumentation, and flow controls;
- Assist in operating and maintaining database and data collection at wellsite and insuring proper and adequate data is collected and reported;
- Assist in updating and calibrating CCS software to meet specific requirements;
- May make recommendations and devise new approaches for new and existing equipment, software, and procedures;
- Produce graphs for interpretation from raw text file data on a daily basis;
- Maximize efficiency of equipment within operating parameters;
- Assist in preparing end of well reports;
- Inform Field Forman/drilling personnel of any changes in operating parameters.
This is a 5 month contract, working from April until August.
Location wise, you will be working on one of 2 platforms either in Cyprus or Ukraine.
A diploma in Electronics, Instrumentation or related field or the equivalent in industry experience. A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
You should have a minimum of 4 years' oilfield experience and at least 2 years working with PLC systems with projects delivered on time. Prior experience as an MPD Control Systems Trainee preferred.
At Brunel, our people matter to us.
For over 40 years, we have been helping engineers like yourself find their dream job. There’s very few challenges we haven’t faced, and this experience allows us to provide you with the best tailor-made service to fit your ambitions.
If you’re ready to start your Brunel journey, call us, email us or send us a message on Linkedin today.
- Vacancy number: PUB258151
- Location: Cyprus
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 80
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Closing date: Friday, April 24, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching MPD Control Systems Technician - Cyprus
Confirmation sent to