About this role
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a HSET Manager working for our client who are a large mining company in Carlin, Nevada. This is a permanent position with great benefits and relocation assistance.
The position is primarily responsible for improving HSE&A program delivery and working with site management teams to align people with the strategic goals of the organization.
The primary responsibilities are to establish a forward looking, industry leading approach to HS&T as follows:
- Responsible for all aspects of safety, health, and training including supervision, quality control, and technical support;
- Responsible for the direct supervision of occupational health and safety to include divisional safety personnel, workers compensation, industrial hygiene, and emergency response training;
- Directly responsible for executing site-wide standardized training program, including SOP and database implementation;
- A substantial effort must also be made to assist in Corporate initiatives and mandates;
- Manage site safety, occupational health, and training activities including initiation and enhancement of programs, standards, site directives, and operational procedures;
- Conduct regular safety performance reviews and assessments to ensure that facility standards and operational areas are in compliance with governmental regulations and corporate policy;
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor safety trends and studies to discover and determine hazards/risks and controls that may affect workers.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health & Safety and/or Industrial Hygiene (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) required:;
- Minimum ten years of HS&T experience operating at a senior level, managing and leading cross-functional teams in a variety of mining and refining operational environments required;;
- Minimum ten (10) years leading, designing, managing, evaluating and improving HS&T strategies & programs required;;
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation or equivalent preferred.
Why apply through Brunel?
Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Join the Brunel Family
Large gold mining business.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Logan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement