About this role
About this role
Brunel are currently working in partnership with Chevron Australia to recruit an experienced Cost Engineer to work as a member of a multi-functional team to support the successful delivery of Turn Around Events.
- Major Oil and Gas Operator
- Perth based role
- 12 month+ long term contract
- Provide cost and schedule analysis to support effective decision making by Turn Around Event management team including consolidation of VOWD, Forecast Final Costs, and key performance metrics By IMPACT phase, develop the Work Breakdown Structure, Cost Breakdown Structure and Control Accounts as the basis for project budgeting, estimating, cost control, forecasting, and management of change
- Provide project cost information to support project Finance and Business Planning with forward Work Program and Budgeting, and with Funding Appropriations
- Coordinate Cost Engineering management of change, including budget transfers and contingency drawdown, ensuring that cost and schedule impacts are captured in the budget and cost forecasting.
- Work with Planner/Scheduler and Cost Estimator to develop, generate and analyze integrated project progress and performance reports, earned value analysis, forecasts.
- Design, standardise and maintain the Turn around Performance reports, using Business Analytic applications, such as Power BI and Spotfire, drawing on extensive Microsoft Excel and database experience.
- Lead the generation of Owner Cost Model for Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis (CSRA), conduct cost risk analysis including probabilistic modelling (p10, p50 and p90 probable outcomes)
- Configure, maintain and administer the cost control system and ensure its consistent interface with JDE accounting system and Ariba Procurement System.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure that all accounting transactions are recorded accurately and meet the requirements of company policies, ABU and Corporate audits and joint venture reporting.
- Develop and maintain library of ABU Turnaround Cost norms to improve cost estimating accuracy and future planning
- Benchmark ABU turnaround costs in accordance with APN and CPF guidelines against industry norms to determine turnaround performance
- Build strong relationship with Turn Around stakeholders, establish, promote and maintain effective communication
- Oversee IMPACT work management processes used within the Turnaround Team
- Be accountable as ABU SME for IMPACT Cost process
- Optimise cost processes associated with IMPACT Events
- Governance of Turnaround Cost standards, processes and procedures
- Identify, share and implement Lessons Learned
- Facilitate cost risk/review workshops of all major events across the ABU assets
- Ensure assigned Cost FEL and SCS deliverables are completed per milestone
- Update monthly metrics
- Have the ability to work closely with Contractors to ensure alignment to all Company requirements
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience with Oil & Gas, or similar industry, required.
- Previous experience in monitoring and interpreting contractor reporting, cost and schedule, is essential
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal (English language) communications skills are essential
- Experience in Cost and Schedule risk analysis and probability modelling
- Creative, pragmatic, open-minded thinking and can do attitude are required to facilitate solutions.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Christine Collins is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth